Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

Radiation is complete.

I am ready to start looking to the future.

Adoption in general is just plain overwhelming. There is domestic, international (and if so, which country), foster-to-adopt? Boy or Girl? How do we pay for it?

I pray constantly that God will guide me in the direction He would have us go.

I have been researching adoption options, talking with others who have been there, gathering information, etc.

When Don and I went to lunch today, I asked him about how he was feeling about adoption, explained to him the different things I was considering, and asked what he thought about it all.

He is very preoccupied with our church building project. The building won't be started until the fall. And there are a lot of things that must happen before the foundation can be laid.

It is heavy on his mind and he really feels he cannot consider adoption until the building is started.

He is doing what God has called him to do. I am setting about doing what God has called me to do. And I pray that, over time, God will steer his heart towards adoption as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment