Monday, August 25, 2008

Peace

My friend, L, took me to have my CT scan. She insisted that someone come with me, and I was glad she did.

After filling out paperwork and waiting a short time, I was taken back for my scan.

It went quickly and the techs allowed me to get a look at the images, so I would have an idea what to tell Don when I picked him up from the airport.

Yes, indeed, I had a mass. Even the techs seemed surprised at its size.

Here is another excerpt from The Dust Bunny Chronicles:

It is hard to describe my emotion exactly, afterward. But I was not scared. Somehow, I was totally at peace with the whole thing. A peace that passes understanding.

I attribute some (if not all) of that peace to what I believed to be a promise from God. He had given me a desire for another child. He was guiding me toward adoption. There was meant to be a another child in our future.

And I would have to live to see that promise fulfulled.

No comments:

Post a Comment